Brandon is a trial attorney who has handled a broad range of civil cases throughout Texas. He has extensive experience handling cases involving construction matters and mechanic’s liens, both in Texas and nationwide. He regularly represents contractors and subcontractors in contract disputes, collections, and construction defect cases.
He routinely represents governmental entities throughout the state of Texas in the areas of eminent domain and condemnation. He also handles insurance coverage disputes and bad faith insurance litigation for both policy holders and insurance companies. This experience includes cases involving workers’ compensation, personal and commercial insurance policies, and insurance subrogation.
He is experienced in representing individuals, corporations, and other business entities in general commercial matters including collections, business disputes, fraud, and employment litigation issues. He recently handled several employment and franchisee/franchisor cases involving covenants not to compete and non-solicitation agreements.
Brandon has also recently represented clients in the DePuy/Johnson & Johnson MDL involving the ASR and Pinnacle hip implants.
He was admitted to the Texas Bar in 2001 and is licensed to practice in the State of Texas and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
Brandon is married to Elizabeth and they have five children. He and his family are active members of Highland Baptist Church where they teach a class. He enjoys coaching soccer and basketball and watching his kids play sports.
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas, J.D. 2001
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas, B.A. 1997
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Salas v. Chris Christensen Sys., Inc., 10-11-00107-CV, 2011 WL 4089999 (Tex. App.—Waco Sept. 14, 2011, no pet.)
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association, Member
- Waco-McLennan County Young Lawyers, Member
- Kappa Omega Tau Alumni Association – Board of Directors, Secretary (2004 to 2012)
- Executive Editor, Baylor Law Review
- Order of the Barristers
- Keep Waco Beautiful, Board of Directors (2009 to 2014, Vice President 2011-2012)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Waco Class XXIV (2007-2008)
- Law School Client Counseling Competition, Judge
- High School Client Counseling Competition, Judge
- High School Mock Trial, Judge
- Legacy Family Ministries, Countdown to Marriage Course Leader (2008 to present)
- Project Restoration Ministry, Co-Founder
- Abner V. McCall American Inn of Court