Buying or selling a business can be a daunting task for any company to do on its own and it requires due diligence and personal attention. Our lawyers assist clients in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, stock sales, and asset sales. We handle all aspects of the purchase or sale of a business, including:
- acquisitions and dispositions of business assets;
- stock purchase and sales;
- bankruptcy auction transactions;
- cash tender offers and exchange offers;
- going-private transactions;
- leveraged recapitalizations and buyouts; and
- conducting due diligence.
Our lawyers possess the knowledge and experience that are key to any successful merger and acquisition representation. We are also able to draw, when needed, on the vast experience of other practice areas including tax, litigation, employee benefits/executive compensation, and financing.
We have considerable experience in teaming with clients to efficiently handle due diligence, negotiations and closings in sophisticated merger and acquisition transactions.