510 N Valley Mills Dr., Ste 600
Waco, TX 76710-6078
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Local Government
Craig Cherry is a trial lawyer with a nationwide trial practice involving complex civil litigation in areas including commercial litigation, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death litigation, product liability litigation, commercial trucking accident litigation, and construction litigation.
Craig is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is also Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
He has represented both individuals and businesses as lead trial counsel in courts throughout the country and has successfully tried to verdict numerous cases in both state and federal court. The following are recent examples of the success Craig has achieved on behalf of his clients:
- He served as lead counsel for the plaintiff and her parents in a trial against one of the largest trucking companies in the nation. The trucking company argued that its’ global positioning satellite (GPS) data demonstrated that none of its’ trucks could have been involved in a wreck that injured the plaintiff and killed her sister. Craig and his co-counsel demonstrated that the company’s GPS data was inaccurate and unreliable. The jury agreed and returned a verdict in favor of Craig’s clients. The verdict was announced as a “Top Texas Verdict of 2011″ by VerdictSearch. The case settled favorably for Craig’s clients for a confidential sum.
- He served as co-lead counsel for a Louisiana company that brought breach of contract and fraud claims against one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world. The case involved a complicated supply chain of unique materials from Florida that were used at a refinery in Texas. After two days of evidence before a three-member arbitration panel, the case settled favorably for Craig’s client for a confidential sum.
- He served as lead counsel and successfully defended one of the largest aerial lift manufacturers in the world in a multi-million dollar commercial case involving allegations of breach of contract and tortious interference with contract.
- He served as co-lead counsel for the plaintiffs in the first case in the United States where a jury returned a verdict that a motor coach bus was unsafe because it did not have seat belts or safety glass to protect passengers. The verdict in that case was also listed by the National Law Journal as one of the Top 100 verdicts in the United States in 2005.
In recognition of his advocacy skills and the results achieved for his clients, Craig has been selected by his colleagues as a Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Star” in Texas Monthly magazine, for the years 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. He was also invited to become a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Craig was also named the Outstanding Young Lawyer 2005 by the Waco-McLennan County Bar Association.
Craig earned his B.B.A. from Baylor University and his J.D. from Baylor University School of Law, cum laude. During law school, Craig was selected to be a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America National Mock Trial Team, the Texas Invitational Mock Trial Team, Order of Barristers and the Harvey M. Richey Moot Court Society. He was also a member of the Baylor Law Review and served as Managing Editor, Assistant Managing Editor and Executive Editor during his tenure. During law school, Craig co-authored “The Classification of General and Special Damages for Pleading Purposes in Texas”, 51 Baylor L. Rev. 629 (1999).
- Baylor University (B.B.A., 1998)
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- Board Certified — Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified — Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified — Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional & Community Activities
- The Texas Lyceum, Director
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Litigation Section State Bar of Texas, Member
- Editorial Board for The Advocate, quarterly journal publication of the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Abner V. McCall American Inn of Court, Member
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association (Board of Directors 2010-Present)
- Waco-McLennan County Young Lawyer’s Association (Board of Directors 2003-2006; Treasurer, 2006-2007; Secretary, 2007-2008; Vice President 2008-2009; President 2009-2010)
- Adjunct Professor of Law at Baylor University School of Law, teaching courses in both Consumer Protection and Remedies
- American Heart Association (Waco Chapter), Director
- MISD Education Foundation, Director and Executive Committee
- MISD MAST Committee, Member
- LEAD (Leadership, Education, and Development) Mentor for area high school students through a program established by the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce and the Waco Independent School District
- Member, Administrative Board and Finance Committee, First United Methodist Church
Publications, Honors & Awards
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer in Texas Monthly magazine in 2013.
- Named Texas “Rising Star” in Texas Monthly magazine (Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition) in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Selected as a “Top 40 under 40″ Texas lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellow, Litigaiton Counsel of America, Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Named Outstanding Young Lawyer by the Waco-McLennan County Bar Association (2005)
- Contributing Editor to the General Practice Digest, Consumer Law Section, of the State Bar of Texas
- Editorial Board of The Advocate, the quarterly journal publication of the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas.
- Co-author, “The Classification of General and Special Damages for Pleading Purposes in Texas”, 51 Baylor L. Rev. 629 (1999)
- Litigation Update, Waco-McLennan County Bar Association (2010, 2013)
- Personal Injury Update, Waco-McLennan County Bar Association (2009)
- Co-author, Texas Trial Law Advocate (www.texastriallawadvocate.com)