Lute Barber joined Haley & Olson in October 2013. Lute earned his Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Managerial Studies from Rice University and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Houston Law Center. During law school, Lute served as the Chief Notes and Comments Editor for the Houston Business and Tax Law Journal. While at Rice, Lute played offensive tackle for the football team.
Lute represents individuals, banks, corporations and other business entities in a variety of matters including banking and financial services, business and corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate.
Lute is also experienced in representing individuals, banks, corporations and other business entities in creditor’s rights/collection matters and commercial litigation.
Lute’s representations include:
- Assisting a privately held company with the disposition of its international aerial lift manufacturing and distribution business to a private equity group
- Advising a privately held company on its due diligence obligations in connection with the disposition of its mattress manufacturing business to a private equity group
- Advising a computer software company in the negotiation of service agreements with its clients
- Negotiating a member’s purchase of additional equity in a limited liability company
- Advising a veterinary practice on its due diligence obligations in connection with the sale of its stock to a corporate investor
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of a bank ordering a third party landowner to return possession of the bank’s collateral to the bank
- Assisting a bank recover proceeds from the sale of its real estate collateral that were improperly paid at closing to the bank’s borrower
- Assisting the owner with the sale of all of his stock in a garage door business
- Assisting the buyer with the purchase of all the assets of a hardware store
- Advising a hose manufacturer on its due diligence obligations in connection with the sale of all the assets of its business
- Advising the buyer on the closing of the purchase of all the assets of a convenience store
- Preparing documentation for bank loan transactions
- Negotiating the sale of commercial real estate
- Assisting clients in forming Texas limited liability companies, limited partnerships and corporations
- Advising both landlords and tenants in the negotiation of commercial leases