Josh’s practice areas include:
Business and Commercial (40%). Josh focuses his practice on the litigation of business tort claims; common law contract claims; and claims involving the Uniform Commercial Code: Articles 2 (contracts), 3 (negotiable instruments) & 4 (bank deposits and collections), and 9 (secured transactions). Josh also represents creditors in adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court.
Construction (40%). Josh reviews and drafts construction contracts—with access to and proficiency in both AIA® and ConsensusDOCS™ contract forms. Josh also litigates construction-related matters, including, e.g., defect and warranty claims; time and liquidated damages claims; and project delivery system claims.
On behalf of banks, construction companies, and other businesses, Josh pursues collection matters, including mechanic-lien and payment-bond claims; foreclosures; domestication of foreign judgments; post-judgment discovery/collection remedies; and otherwise assists creditors in navigating the estate administration process, including temporary administrations.
Governmental and Civil Rights Defense (20%). Josh represents a number of local government entities in Central Texas—drafting ordinances, and pursuing and defending various claims in litigation. Representative claims include Whistleblower Act and civil rights defense.
Where does Josh White practice?
About 50% — McLennan County (Waco); Brazos County (Bryan and College Station); and Bell County attorney (Belton, Temple, and Killeen). • About 40% — Travis County (Austin); Williamson County (Georgetown). • The remaining 10% of Josh’s practice involves litigation in other Texas and Utah locations.
Josh oversees the IT and computer needs of the firm, including electronic-data subscriptions, such as WestlawNext and LexisAdvance. Josh also co-manages the firm’s summer clerkship program with Shad Robinson.
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Utah
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Central District of Utah.
- Admission – Texas Bar, including Litigation and Construction Law Sections
- Admission – Utah Bar, including Litigation Section
- American Bar Association: Litigation and Construction Law Sections
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association
- Bell County Bar Association
- Brazos County Bar Association
- Central Utah Bar Association
- Davis County Utah Bar Association
- Salt Lake City Bar Association
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) (fmr. National Allied Member)
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) (Alumni)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) (Attendance – Masters in Trial program)
Professional & Community Memberships
- Texas Bar – Litigation Section, Online CLE Committee (2017 – 2018)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Various Subcommittees (2015 – present)
- Multi-faith Advisory Network Group – Baylor University’s Religion Department (2014 – present)
- Admissions Committee – U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas – Waco Division (2014 – present)
- 29th Annual Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Course – TexasBarCLE – Speaker (February 2014)
- American Inns of Court (2013 – 2016)
- McLennan County Bar Presentation: Construction Law Highlights 2010/Creditor’s Rights & Remedies
- Baylor Law School – Guest Lecturer – Creditor’s Rights/Debtor’s Remedies (2009 – present)
- Baylor University – Guest Speaker – World Religions (2007 – present)
- Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum Advisory Committee (2007 – 2009)
- North Texas Soccer Association – D License Holder (2008 – present)
- Boy Scouts of America Committee Member (2014 – 2016)
- Boy Scouts of America Merit Badge Counselor (2012 – present)
- Heart of Texas Soccer – Head Coach (2008 – 2009)
- Boy Scouts of America Cub Master (2008 – 2009)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Waco Class XXIII (2006 – 2007)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Co-Chair (2005 – 2006)
Publications, Honors & Awards
- “An Overview of Collateral Estoppel in Adversary Proceedings,” 29th Annual Adv. Bankruptcy Course – TexasBarCLE (online/updated version).
- Service of Process on a Foreign Defendant: A Brief Survey, 63 The Advocate, State Bar Litigation Section Report 8 (2013)
- The Foreclosure Process in the Probate Context, 48 The Advocate, State Bar Litigation Section Report 99 (Fall 2009)
- Preservation of Electronic Evidence and Electronic Discovery, Lorman Education – Document Retention and Destruction in Texas (2008 – 2009)
- Top 10 Speaker Award (6th Place) – Baylor Law School Moot Court Competition (2003)
- Top 10 Speaker Award (7th Place) – Baylor Law School Moot Court Competition (2002)