510 N Valley Mills Dr., Ste 600
Waco, TX 76710-6078
Josh White focuses his practice on business litigation, banking litigation, and construction litigation in Central Texas.
Business & Banking Practice. About sixty percent (60%) of Josh’s practice is focused on the litigation of general business or banking matters. As a business trial lawyer or banking trial lawyer in Central Texas, Josh pursues breach of contract claims; Uniform Commercial Code claims (including Articles 2 (contracts), 3 (negotiable instruments) & 4 (bank deposits and collections), and 9 (secured transactions)); claims against guarantors; adversary claims in bankruptcy court; and other general business and banking claims.
Construction Practice. About forty percent (40%) of Josh’s practice is focused on the litigation construction-related matters. As a construction trial lawyer in Central Texas, Josh pursues and defends against construction-defect claims including, but not limited to: change order and scope claims; differing site condition claims; performance and warranty claims; and defective design claims. Josh also handles time and liquidated damages claims; bidding/bid dispute claims; and project delivery system claims. Josh also drafts construction contracts and construction subcontracts — with access to and proficiency in both AIA® and ConsensusDOCS™ forms.
On behalf of banks, businesses, and construction companies, Josh often resolves—through mediation, arbitration, or litigation—mechanic’s lien claims, state payment bond claims (claims under the “McGregor Act”), and federal payment bond claims (claims under the “Miller Act”). Josh also handles foreclosures (including home equity foreclosures); domesticates foreign judgments; conducts post-judgment discovery/collection; and assists creditors in navigating the probate administration process, including temporary administrations.
Where does Josh White practice?
- About 50% of Josh’s practice involves litigation in the Central Texas area—e.g., as a McLennan County attorney (Waco), as a Brazos County attorney (Bryan and College Station), or as a Bell County attorney (Temple and Killeen).
- About 40% of Josh’s practice involves litigation in Travis County (Austin), Williamson County (Georgetown), Dallas County (Dallas), or Tarrant County (Fort Worth).
- The remaining 10% of Josh’s practice involves litigation in Harris County (Houston), Bexar County (San Antonio), or other locations throughout Texas.
Josh’s LinkedIn profile can be found here.
Josh Tweets @Josh_J_White.
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law
- B.A., English: Professional Writing & Editing, Brigham Young University, University Honors
- Minor: Business Management
- Second Language (functional): Brazilian Portuguese
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Texas Bar Association: Litigation and Construction Law Sections
- American Bar Association: Litigation and Construction Law Sections
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association
- Bell County Bar Association
- Brazos County Bar Association
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) (National Allied Member)
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) (Alumni)
Professional & Community Activities
- McLennan County Bar Presentation: Construction Law Highlights 2010/Creditor’s Rights & Remedies
- Baylor Law School – Guest Lecturer – Creditor’s Rights/Debtor’s Remedies (2009 – present)
- Baylor University – Guest Speaker – World Religions (2007 – present)
- Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum Advisory Committee (2007 – 2009)
- North Texas Soccer Association – D License Holder/Participant (2008 – present)
- Heart of Texas Soccer – Head Coach (2008 – 2009)
- Boy Scouts of America Law Merit Badge Counselor (2012 – present)
- Boy Scouts of America Cub Master – Troop 413 (2008 – 2009)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Member (2005 – present)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Waco Class XXIII (2006 – 2007)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Co-Chair (2005 – 2006)
Publications & Awards
- Service of Process on a Foreign Defendant: A Brief Survey, 63 The Advocate, State Bar Litigation Section Report 8 (2013)
- The Foreclosure Process in the Probate Context, 48 The Advocate, State Bar Litigation Section Report 99 (Fall 2009)
- Preservation of Electronic Evidence and Electronic Discovery, Lorman Education Services, Document Retention and Destruction in Texas (2008 – 2009)
- Top 10 Speaker Award (6th Place) – Baylor Law School Moot Court Competition (2003)
- Top 10 Speaker Award (7th Place) – Baylor Law School Moot Court Competition (2002)